Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Fitting Tribute: Into The West

I just watched the last episode of Stephen Spielberg's "Into The West". Each episode made me cry and think about the history of our country and all of our cultures. "The only history that man knows for certain is the small part he creates for himself." "When you tell your own stories, you touch the grandmothers and grandfathers and all the ancestors that came before them." When I think about my life, I realize it is composed of family, friends, acquaintances and even enemies. Every moment is attached to a story. Every tear, every second of laughter. Every smile and every frown. Life is all about our stories. Telling them...and passing them on. At times, I am uncertain in my ability to do this. Those are my stories of fear. Then, just as quickly, my desire overcomes my fear...and I feel ready to begin telling them all over again.