Monday, July 11, 2005

I'll Take My Eggs Scrambled, Please.

Today was a very unproductive day. It was not only unproductive, it was frustrating and annoying. It was so bad that when I got home I fixed dinner and then planted my ass on the couch and took a nap. That's right a nap! Productivity be damned - I aim to sleep! I also found out just how expensive it is to keep your air conditioning on 'round the clock - but for some reason that hasn't deterred me from leaving it on yet. I don't even really want to analyze this day...and I really hold no expectation for tomorrow, to tell you the truth...(which is actually today for those of you reading this on Tuesday - do I need to be that anal when blogging?) No more expectations. I once told Rachel my thought that expectations lead only to disappointments. I told her it would make a great quote if I was ever famous someday. She didn't believe I made it up by myself. Everyone's a critic. It has been quite the 24 hours for people. Friendships, mothers, fathers, brothers, co-workers, bosses and even strangers. That's right. All in 24 hours. Such a day can make you wonder what keeps you from packing up all your things and going to live with the penguins in Antarctica...but you don't. You get up and go through it all the next day. Looking for more humor. So I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm sure tomorrow while at work I'll have something pop into my head and abandon all copy writing for another post. Until then - I leave you with something that always makes me happy - Mr. Woody Allen, my neurotic hero:

_______________________________________________________

I though of that old joke, y'know, the, this, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy. He thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" And the guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much how I feel about relationships. Y'know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and, but, uh, I guess we keep going through it because, uh, most of us need the eggs.

_______________________________________________________