Thursday, July 14, 2005

It Came To Mind...

I'll probably post a few more things today. I'm really irritated with this whole journalistic farce thing going on and I got a great update from ONE along with some links I wanted to put up and stuff... But first folks... I have been pretty frustrated lately, as you can tell from the posts. I don't know if I'm ready to go into details about the sources of my frustration. There comes a point in time when everyone has to let go and apparently I'm surrounded by those who find that very difficult. And I can't take responsibility for that anymore. I also think that people are so easily dismissed. Taken advantage of. Taken for granted. That all has to end too. So yesterday as I headed to the store to go grocery shopping, I dug through my glove box and found an old Matchbox Twenty cd that I hadn't listened to in ages. It was the only thing I felt like putting on so I threw it in. This song came on I'd forgotten was even on the cd. I could try to put my feelings into words but...I think I'll just let Rob Thomas and the boys do it for me.
Just three miles from the rest stop/she slammed on the brakes/She said, "I've tried to be, but I'm not/so could you please - collect your things/I don't want to be cold/I don't want to be cruel/but I've got to find more than what's happening with you/so if you could - open up the door/She said, "While you were sleeping/I was listening to the radio/and wondering what you're dreaming when/it came to mind that I didn't care/So I thought/hell, if it's over/then I had better end it quick/or I could lose my nerve/Are you listening? Can you hear me?
Anybody listening?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Honey are you ok?

Jennifer said...

do you need to talk?

Jessica said...

Hey you two, I'm fine, don't worry.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »