Friday, August 26, 2005

If My Life Were An IPod Playlist...

1. "Beverly Hills" - Weezer: Because I live for days like today - when no lack of money, substance, time or fulfillment is nothing I can't handle. Because it feels like no moment of despair is any match for me. Because there's a light somewhere. That's right baby, take my picture. 'Cuz I'm the next big thing. 2. "Survivor" - Destiny's Child: Because I am one. Because everybody is one. Because if you weren't one you wouldn't be here right now. Because when women embrace their inner survivor - they're sexy as hell and they know it and that's what makes us cooler than boys. And the boys...just desperate for a piece. 3. "Yeah" - Usher: Because even if you master the "Urkel" or the "Carlton" or the "Chandler" or the "Kim Cornelius" - you like to dance and you know it. 4. "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" - Big & Rich: Because horses should roam free...cowboys look better tied up. 5. "Soldier" - Destiny's Child: Because there's nothing wrong with getting exactly what you want. And because every girl wants a man who 'ain't afraid to stand up' for them. 6. "Where Is The Love" - Black Eyed Peas: Because I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. And on every bad day you have to stop for just a minute and ask this question. And the answer is where you will find your balance. 7. "With You" - Jessica Simpson: Because it's a guilty pleasure of a song. 8. "Angels" - Robbie Williams: Because everyone has that moment when there's nobody else around, nothing to hold on to but faith. And because Robbie Williams is hot. 9. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - Cindy Lauper: YEAH WE DO! 10. "Music" - Madonna: It really does make the people come together. And I would let Madonna be my pimp. She's hot. 11. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" - Stevie Wonder: Because a marriage is a contract that takes a little effort - and because this is a classic - and because you can dance to it - and because it's just one of the greatest songs of all time. 12. "River" - Joni Mitchell: Because it will always mean New York City to me... 13. "Whiskey Lullaby" - Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss: Because I love a tragic story. And because Brad & Alison are the definition of harmony. 14. "Not A Pretty Girl" - Ani Difranco: Because Difranco gets it right - "I'm not a pretty girl/That's not what I do/I ain't no damsel in distress/And I don't need to be rescued..." 15. "Yellow" - Coldplay: Because 1. Chris Martin is hot. 2. "Look at the sky...look how it shines for you...and everything you do..." Any future suitors should take heed of that line. Use it and you'll probably score. 16. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell: This song defines my family. ...I started this list excitedly at 10 a.m. I'll have to finish it later...until then - suggestions? What's on your playlist?

No comments: