Friday, September 16, 2005

Other People's Plastic

I just love days like these... The grey, rainy sky was supposed to turn partly sunny...but it didn't. It's quiet and I don't want to work. I want to waste my time watching movie trailers until 5 pm. I want to pick up a few groceries and then go home where my kitchen smells like coffee and there's soft light. I don't want to work at all. Lucky for me - neither does T. When nobody is around and it's quiet, T & I have my favorite lunch. The kind where she pays. We call up the cafe, order several different dishes and then off I go with her credit card in hand. It's so much fun. Then we sit and eat and do absolutely no work. Ignore the time and before you know it, it's 1:45. Just enough time to do a little work - so as not to get in trouble - and watch a few more trailers. Then I'll have one of the nights I love. When I spend a little too much money on fancy groceries, drink a glass of wine and maybe cook something different. I love being a grown-up.

No comments: