Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Straight Up & Dirty

I've been reading Stephanie Klein's blog Greek Tragedy for almost a year now - since I discovered blogging. It strikes me as amusing when I think about blogging, how we become fans of one another's journals. One another's lives. I left a comment on Klein's blog just yesterday - something I rarely ever do - and she wrote me back. It was like when I sent a fan letter to Debbie Gibson when I was nine. Which not only dates me but shows EXACTLY how big of a nerd I am. Regardless, I was bowled over by so much as a response. The thing is, it's people like Klein, who've already found their voice - who help the rest of us find ours. In just the past few months when I look back on my own blog I can see a difference. A me coming into bloom - and that is thanks to other writers. Sometimes I think I'm just whining about the same shit day in and day out...but then I realize I'm just sifting through the matter - this stuff that's in my brain that I'm just now learning how to get out - so I can move on to bigger and better things. Like a book on a shelf. Stephanie Klein's book "Straight Up & Dirty" hits shelves tomorrow - July 25th. I'm super excited. Her blog is delicious enough - but now her words will be in the same facility as a Starbucks or Seattle's Best barista - depending on which chain you go to. I'll be sure to get my copy on the way home from an interview I'm doing in Holland. Cup of coffee in hand, new book ready to be devoured. If that's not the makings of a good day - well I just don't know what the hell is.

No comments: