Wednesday, February 07, 2007

i digress

I have been mulling over the idea of acceptance, (Rachel made me put the definition on a post-it and keep it on my bathroom mirror)... I have been re-reading Norton Juster's "The Phantom Tollbooth" before I give my copy to Rachel's daughter and realizing I may have taken up residence in the land of Expectations...

I touched base with an old friend, the first boy to ever see me cry... It was one tear - and I'm not sure if it actually fell. I wore a lot of black in high school and refused to cry in front of anyone. I still wear a lot of black and refuse to cry in front of anyone...but I digress... "You gotta love the cards that we were dealt," he says. We are both starving journalists now...only he is one full time and I am not. I am jealous.

I'm tired and pissed that my school is the only school to stay open in this god-forsaken winter weather that is paralyzing the Midwest.

I am extremely pensive. But I am also extremely busy. I will be sharing a lot more very soon. Maybe even some pics. You never know. I might just get crazy.

No comments: