Wednesday, April 11, 2007

beware children...

Sleep deprivation is not a joke.

Over the weekend my sleep schedule was toyed with, which left me sleepy whilst I drove my car and wide awake at 3 a.m. after I passed out for only an hour and a half.

In the past 48 hours - I have gotten roughly 8 hours of sleep total. Those hours were spent sleeping on the floor near the balcony door. Which is drafty. And cold.

I am...as they say...exhausted.

But I am not really complaining. This month is going to be one of the most stressful months I've ever had. Every day is filled, my 'to do' list has become obsolete, I'm scraping the bottom of the laundry barrel and in my fridge I have little more than a bag of coffee, one last yogurt and a bottle of mustard. It is - however - the final stretch. This weekend the birthday celebrations will kick off with my aunt Monroe's 40th, Leslie's 27th and they will wind up next weekend with Rachel's "25th". In between - there are chapters to read, deadlines to meet and a final waiting for me on the 30th.

Final.

As in - over and done.

This semester has been hell. And I can't wait for it to be over. Already a list of books are running through my brain to read while no homework is due. I'll buy newspapers daily again - and actually read them. I've been tragically deprived of musical sustenance. My wardrobe is in serious need of an upgrade. As is my bank account. My oral history project...which needs a fitting title...has to start once my grandmother returns from Israel, there are stories to write and newspapers to court. A gym to get reacquainted with on a permanent and regular basis.

And some quality time with just me and my bed.

No comments: