Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I Saw The Signs...

I should have known tonight was going to be bad...very bad... I saw all the signs...you know, the ones where everything is just not going right...the ones that mean turn back now!!! You know, those signs? I saw them and I ignored them... First, I decided that I wanted to get a little creative in my kitchen. Just before I left work I decided that I'd go home and make up some Apricot Sticky Toffee Pudding which I found on Chocolate & Zucchini. (What a great blog! Really - the food and the recipes are amazing and easy! It's one of my favorite blogs which you'll see often.) So anyway, the first thing was what should have only taken fifteen minutes to do (buy the ingredients, go home) took an hour (Hardings Friendly Market didn't have what I needed, go back to Niles, nobody in the world knows how to drive, go home...) I should have known when I dropped the salt shaker into my eggs while I was trying to mix them up (for dinner)...or when I put the cake in the oven and realized I had forgotten whipping cream and the store around the corner didn't have any. I should have known that I would end up not cooking the cake long enough and when I flipped it out onto the plate the middle would be orange goo. I should have known. We'll try it again this weekend...until then...I need a drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »