Friday, September 09, 2005

A Few Random Things This Morning...

The other night I said that I watched one of my very favorite movies... That movie was "The Paper", and I watched it again last night. Why? Because Michael Keaton plays a great newsman, Marisa Tomei is always delightful, Glenn Close is a great bitch and for this classic, classic line: "Man, sometimes you can just smell a horrendously shitty day coming, can't you?" Yesterday on my way to work I saw a kid riding to school on a unicycle. A UNICYCLE! Somehow that just filled my heart with hope. For any man who ends up in my life for any significant amount of time...let me make you this promise: I will never force you to go shopping with me. I don't ever want to be around anyone making that ear splitting screet, screet, screet noise of tennis shoe against tile like the guy at Old Navy was doing to his girlfriend last night. I don't need a 5 year old to keep me company while I pick out a pair of jeans. Those thoughts are about as random as my brain is today...I'm sure I'll start pondering something to render me useless for the rest of the day...and don't you worry, I'll be sure to include you in my unhealthy habit. Can't you just smell it?

No comments: