Wednesday, September 28, 2005

We Interrupt Our Studying...

I really have a lot to do but I just had to say... I just got off the phone with the American Cancer Society for a story I'm doing on the Making Strides event taking place on campus Oct. 8th. When I called, the receptionist told me that the Area Director, who I had spoken with yesterday was unavailable and asked if she could take a message. I began to tell her who I was and she said, "Oh. Are you a reporter? Because she said I could pull her away for you if you had any more questions." Am I reporter? "Yes. Yes I am." I said. And I must admit. I was a bit giddy about it. *Incidentally, I recently found out that my aunt has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently undergoing treatment for the disease. Making Strides is a non-competitive 5k walk & competitive 5k run to raise money for the fight against breast cancer. By clicking on the link above and visiting the American Cancer Society, you can find local events near you, learn more about the disease and find ways to donate time and money in the neverending fight against breast cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it World war 2 bmw motorcycle funny answering machine audio messages neurontin memory