Friday, October 20, 2006

needing jesus

When I get home in the morning...I'm going to take a hot shower.

I usually just go straight to bed at 5 a.m. But this morning, I'll be taking a hot shower. I'll curl up under my fur comforter and go to sleep with the television on so the witty banter of the Gilmore Girls can wake me up in the morning.

This is necessary.

I'm not going to get up in a frenzy. I'm not even going to care. I'm going to hope my new camera shows up for on time delivery so I can have fun playing with it, I'm going to try and clean up my apartment and light candles that smell like apples and cinnamon and pumpkin. I'm going to let my twinkle lights do their magic. I'm going to skim my New York Magazine. I'm going to go to the lodge where Rachel tends bar and have a beer and try to take some pictures.

It is necessary that I do this. Because this week has been incredibly rediculous and I am beyond annoyed, irritated and fed up. I'm at 'just-about-had-it'.

But there was one funny to the night. "She needs help," said a partner company employee on the phone - about my crazy coworker. "She needs to go see jesus."

"That's awesome," I said. "That's my new phrase. I'm totally going to use that. It's gonna rock Hannukah this year."

No comments: