Monday, September 12, 2005

So Many Things

I realize tonight that I have so many things I want to write about. I should make a list. Because most likely before I get to many of them, other things will happen as other things often do... Alas, until then let me just say that I worked my ass off today. And I'm sore from my weekend workout. And I'm happy about that. I'm about to strap the ankle weights on before I go to bed. And my Anthropology professor is a hippie. We are not going to get along. Moving right along, last Friday I hopped over to my friend Sarah's space... I loved her 100 list. I had started a list myself a while back and never finished it, and Sarah's inspired me. Sarah - I know you're bored, but I don't think I can muster up 100 tonight. But I'll give ya a few more: (Cont.) 45.) I hate feet too! I really do, I hate them. 46.) I secretly think that cashiers judge me by the groceries I buy. 47.) I always sing in the car. I don't care who sees me. That's not true. I sometimes care. 48.) When I was in Phoenix at a jazz club, I was very attracted to the trombone player. I wondered if it had anything to do with the trombone. Odd instrument that is. 49.) I miss my Grandfather. 50.) I don't mind when my friends talk about their babies...but the bodily functions of it all grosses me out. 51.) Then I thank god I'm not pregnant. 52.) Then I wonder if it means I have a malfunctioning biological clock. 53.) I think there's just one person out there for everyone. 54.) But I don't think you always get to meet them. 55.) And I think there's lots of different kinds of love. 56.) I read the same five blogs every morning, then start my day. 57.) I love the smell of newspapers. 56.) I am seriously addicted to coffee. I'm not kidding. 57.) I have an addictive personality. 58.) I am always afraid that I will do something to drive people away. 59.) I compare myself to everyone. 60.) I hate hippie anthropology professors. 61.) I get nervous before going into local bars. I usually need a cigarette in hand before walking in...but bars out of town don't bother me. 62.) I'm not a big drinker, but I can slam some Gin 'n Tonic like nobody's business. 63.) I harbor a lot of anger towards my father. 64.) Sometimes I wish I had sisters. 65.) I think all my friends are bound to get sick of me. I always think, "today's the day". 66.) I'm not afraid of failure anymore, now I just think I am a failure. 67.) Don't ask me where my affection for the color pink came from. I have no idea. But I like it. I really do. 68.) I love foreign films. 69.) I want to learn to salsa dance one day. 70.) I love salsa music, Puerto Rican music, Cuban music and Israeli music. 71.) I hate doing laundry. 72.) I'd like to learn to horseback ride. 73.) I felt rather spiritual when standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon, and I want to go back. 74.) I was always annoyed with my dog. And my cat. Now they're so old and I feel bad about that. 75.) I hate giving traditional gifts. Like for Kim's baby. Kim - you know you're not getting diapers or something like that from me. It'll be odd...and most likely something you'll never use. I can't help it. I'm sorry. 76.) Shabat fell during my Grandfather's shiva. My family and I all got drunk and went through 22 bottles of wine. I fell of the porch twice and kept speaking random Hebrew. My Grandmother said it was the best mood she's ever seen me in. 77.) I miss my family in Israel. I always wish they were here. 78.) I have very little contact with my father's side of the family. I don't know who's fault that is, but I blame them now. 79.) Thinking about my brothers sometimes makes me cry. They are such good men. 80.) I've been hit on by two girls. Maybe three. And once by an old man at the bar. 81.) I get very..."Friendly" when I drink. 82.) In Kindergarden I tried to curl into a ball inside the base of a metal chair. I got stuck. It was so embarrassing. 83.) I also got attacked by my boyfriend in fifth grade. He forgot to take his Ritalin and I scored a touch down against him in gym. He got mad jumped me from behind. 84.) I gave my older brother a black eye, but I cried and felt bad about it later. 85.) A friend of mine committed suicide at the age of 13. I never really cried for him. I don't know where he's buried. Everyone acted like it didn't happen. 86.) I listen to news radio - and like it. 87.) I'm a really bad driver. 88.) I like sprouts on my sammiches. 89.) I can't function without music. 90.) I still have a teddy bear my mom got me when I was a kid. He has a hole in his back. I named him JFK Teddy. Alrighty, that's it for tonight. Tomorrow - I have a few questions to answer...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I have a crazy cat also! I'm a really bad driver. From my list you may have got that. I almost killed Pruett and Jordan and I. I'm the only person Jordan will wear a seat belt for. :) Keep em coming!

Jessica said...

LOL...Well Kim will be happy to see me admit that I'm a bad driver...she's been saying it for years. I always notice her grabbing at the "oh-shit" handle. Don't worry I keep thinking of things, so I'll put together another list! :)

Anonymous said...

I must admit that when I worked at Walmart, I did judge people buy what they bought. But it was Walmart in Mt. Pleasant. I feel most of my predictions were right. :) But I agree with Leslie about the food stamps. It took everything in me not to say something to them.

Jessica said...

I KNEW IT!!!!! You cashiering BASTARDS!

Anonymous said...

And then we get together with the other cashiers and tell each other about the weird people that go through our lanes. :) So, now everyone in the store knows how weird that customer is. :)